Wednesday, April 1, 2009

South Pacific





Next time you are hungry and don't want the usual try something new. I am a quarter filipino so I grew up eating filipino food. So for me its not a strange venture, I was excited when I found out we had a place to get some great home made filipino food. If you have never been to Potluck, it is a filipino deli where they sell not just meals but different sauces and Filipino delicacies.  

The Place: Potluck

First Impression: When you pull up it is set between two big stores tucked away in a little corner. When you walk in the smell of great spices, soy and vinegar tickle you nose. You walk between a few small grocery style isles. to the back counter where you will be greeted by a smiling face excited to show you what they have prepared for the day. Now you can either eat here or get you food to go.  

What I ordered: Now I usually order stuff that would cause most people to become squeamish. So for the sake of the people who are a little scared of organ meat or whole fish I kept it simple. I ordered Chicken adobo, this is chicken that has been simmered in a sauce made of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices. I also got Pancit a rice noodle dish with a variety of  produce mixed in. They also will give you a large helping of medium grain steamed rice, or as my friends and family call it sticky rice. Just because I could not resist they had made spare rib soup I had to get a bowl, it was made just like my grandfather made it. 

Price: The price for one person was under $15
2 item combo $6.95
Soup add on $3.25
Drink can of Soda $1.50
Total $11.70

Would I recommend this place: Yes to the person who likes to explore new things the menu changes slightly each day, they offer everything from ox tail soup to whole fried talipia. There is also a line of filipino deserts. Please don't be afraid this is a clean well lit place the people are friendly and the food is great. Just come in with a open mind and a big stomach, if you don't know what something is ask, you can get a taste of anything. 

(209)524-9528

1 comment: