Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Most Important Place









So I put some thought into my first place, I wanted it to be somewhere everyone should enjoy themselves, somewhere we all feel comfortable. It struck me just before my birthday, as we sat around talking about what I wanted to do. My beautiful fiance asked me if I would like to just have a few close friends, and family over and have hot dogs, and hamburgers. Now normally I have to have my steaks, that I rub with Olive oil, sea salt, and Pepper and grill on my webber throwing in fresh cut rosemary for a great smokey flavor. But I thought to my self this would be great. 

The Place: Home

First Impression and what I made: It's home there is no place like it, just like Dorthy said. We started by making a drink, grabbing our favorite beer from the fridge, and putting on some music, I'm kind of a tech nerd, so I plugged pandora into my stereo and set the play list for Jack Johnson. Now with the mood set I started my webber grill, putting all my coals to one side, the reason for this, because there is nothing worse then having a flare up and no where safe to put your food. I'm not much of a hot dog and hamburger guy don't get me wrong, I like them I just think that there is more to life, but sometimes they are great. So to spice up my hot dogs, I took half of them and wrapped them in thin cut bacon. My burgers I seasoned with a little garlic powder, salt, and pepper. To save time we went to the store and bought pre-made macaroni salad. When it was time to eat I took my hot dog to a different level and added some pickled papaya for a little more crunch and flavor. When you see something you have never tried on the store shelf, buy it you might surprise your self. Remember if it is sold in a store, unless you have some extreme food allergy IT WILL NOT KILL YOU.

Price: We feed six people for under $25 

Would I recommend this place: I think this is the most important place we all can go, we all should feel comfortable here. Home is what we make it, I grew up in a family that sat down for dinner, every night together, and it was an important part of my life. As much as kids will say they don't want to, it's important to turn off the TV, put on some music, and take away the phones, it builds a family bond that will be with you and them for life. Try it just once a week, you may like it. Remember its more about the company than the food, so if you burn something, order a pizza just enjoy the people who surround you. 

1 comment:

  1. we had our easter bbq at my house this weekend. i plugged in my laptop and had pandora "jack johnson radio" on for a bit too :)

    ReplyDelete