Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lunch and a Show.






I gave a call to my tweet from last week, and a new friend. We headed for some Thai food this week. For people who have never experienced Tahi food it is a great cusine for the person who loves spicy food. They also have dishes that are not spicy because not everyone likes it Hot. He claimed we could have a great lunch, and a show. When we met up and went in I told him to do the ordering and to make sure he ordered this dish that he told me about. 

The Place: Thai House

First Impression: Outside the shopping center is newly remodeled. The inside is open and spacious, the tables are clean and the decor is simple. The smell of a kitchen in full motion greeted me as I walked though the door, they were having a busy lunch. 

What I ordered: Or shall I say my buddy ordered. When you go to Thai food you have to order Pad Thai it's a staple. Kind of like chow main, it's a noodle dish loaded with shrimp, chicken, bean curd, egg, peanuts and bean sprouts. For a veggie we ordered Pad Prig Khing a spicy string bean dish with your choice of meat. We took the chicken. The Main dish, the one I had been waiting to see, was the Valcano Kai. This is a baked cornish game hen with Thai spices, carrots, peas, zucchini, and onions. Served lit a blaze with a red BBQ sauce. To bring it all together a pot of steamed rice.

Price: Three people for lunch with lots of left overs. Around $50 with Tip.
Pad Thai $8.95
Pad Prg Khing $8.95
Valcano Kai $12.95
2 Tahi Iced Teas $2.50 each
Total with tax: $44.23
Tip: $8.00
Total out the Door: $52.23

Would I recommend this place: Sure the Pad Thai was good, the Pad Prig Khing was great, plenty spicy for me. The Volcano Kai as aesthetically pleasing as it was, to me it was nothing more than baked chicken with BBQ sauce. But if you are looking for a quick lunch packed with flavor stop by and give this place a try. 

(209)544.0974

Hours:
Lunch 11am - 3pm
Dinner: 4:30pm - 9pm

On a side note. To people who are reading this, while I am writing this I am preparing for my wedding this weekend and will not be back until May 10th. When I return home from my honeymoon I will continue to update this blog weekly. Thank you for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. It was my pleasure introducing you to the Volcano Kai.. i wish you both the best this weekend and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.. go relax and enjoy your self.. looking forward to seeing some awesome photos when you return.. next up masie's sushi house.. i want to try some uni

    ReplyDelete