Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Healthy Choice






This week I was on the go, running from place to place, before I realized I did not pick a place for the Blog! When I realized this, I was over by Modesto Junior College, and only one place came to mind. Located about 9 blocks away in a small shopping center is, PHO7.  What is pho you ask? Well, PHO is a soup, made with rice noodles of some type there are several, topped with thin sliced beef, and immersed in a rich broth, topped off with fresh onions, basil, and other various fresh items. 

First Impression: I'm not going to lie, this place won't win any awards for atmosphere, but they have been in this location for fourteen years going on fifteen. For me it's not about the place but the food. The shopping center is kind of run down, the parking spots are a little tight for my truck,  but I get in. When you go in you will either be directed to sit some where, or you just pick a table. It's usually pretty busy around lunch and dinner. 

What I Ordered: In the mood for big hearty noodles I chose the Seafood Udon, a seafood soup with prawns, imitation crab, calamari, and thick Udon noodles. To accompany this, I ordered the Shrimp and Pork Spring Rolls, they come served with a fresh peanut dipping sauce. Now if you go, and have never tried a Thai Iced Tea I strongly encourage you to try it, brewed for long period of time, the chi tea becomes dark, when it is served, they add condensed milk on top, mix it, and it becomes a bright orange, the color of flavor that makes my mouth water. 

Price: One person Around $15 (If you eat like me.)
Large #19 $6.00
Shrimp & Pork Rolls $4.50
Thai Tea $2.00
Total: $13.27
Tip: $2.00
Out the Door: $15.27

Would I recommend this place: Definitely if you want healthy fast food or just a great bowl of soup head on down. They don't just serve soup. I don't want to mislead you, they also have fried rice plates, stir fried noodles, and other various dishes. I have never ordered anything here and been disappointed. Remember, just walk in with an open mind willing to try anything. If you are not sure ASK! The owner is a great guy always willing to recommend, just remember he dose not read minds, so tell him if you like or dislike a certain item. Get down here and try something new. 

Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 9am-8pm 
               Sunday 9am-7pm
Contact: 209-571-9655

1 comment: